Enjoy a Good Read: Some of the Best Books to read during this Covid-19 Lockdown
This post may contain links to products, software and services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in us earning commissions and fees.
With so much time in our hand, if not too much, holding our mobile phone and sometimes glossing over reminiscently or staring at it mindlessly, maybe we can put that to better use with some good ole book reading!
Here’s our collective list of books, our Top-20 not in any ranking order, that between us we had wanted to embark on, but procrastinated and then never got around to reading… shame on us, as this list contains books that all of us would be better off having read them once over. Yes big oopsie!
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Project Gutenberg Amazon
- 1984 by George Orwell Amazon
- To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee Amazon
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker Amazon
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte Project Gutenberg Amazon
- Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell Amazon
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Project Gutenberg Amazon
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck Amazon
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck Amazon
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Amazon
- The Handmaid’s tale by Margaret Atwood Amazon
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy Amazon
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath Amazon
- 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez Amazon
- The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde Amazon
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara Amazon
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov Amazon
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro Amazon
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn Amazon
- Barney’s Version by Mordecai Richler Amazon